[SAC-HELP] I can't install SAC-101.3b on cygwin in windows 7

Aldo Vesnaver avesnaver at inogs.it
Sat May 29 05:42:18 PDT 2010

    I had the same (unsolved) problem, and used for sure the SAC
version that works with other Windows versions (as XP).
So far, after many attempts, I could not install it either.
    Windows 7, unfortunately, seems to be the problem. In fact, I
had different error messages when using the same installation
instructions, but after an automatic update of the operating
system via Internet.

     Aldo

Quoting "Arthur Snoke" <snoke at vt.edu>:

>> I'm trying to install SAC-101.3b on cygwin in Windows 7. I got the
>> sac package yesterday from IRIS. But it can't seem to install and
>> it's giving the following error:
>
> I have not worked with cygwin myself, and hope that there is nothing in
> Windows 7 that causes problems.  Hopefully you do have the distribution
> that is specific to cygwin.
>
>> Configure: error: can't find install-sh, install.sh or shtool in
>> ../sac-101.3b/config
>
> find . -name install-sh -print
> ./config/install-sh
>
> Hopefully someone who works with cygwin can help. Please copy the list
> as I would like to know if there is a problem with Windows 7.

Aldo Vesnaver,   OGS  (GdL Department)
Borgo Grotta Gigante 42/c
34010 Trieste (Italy)

E-mail:       avesnaver at inogs.it