[SAC-HELP] Sac i/o problem with fortran

Aubreya Adams beabria at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 12:22:39 PST 2011

Hello,
I have recently upgrade from a PowerPC to an Intel Mac (10.6.6) and am trying to recompile some fortran codes that call upon sac i/o functions.  When I try to compile the codes, I get following warning about the sac library and resulting errors:
ld: warning: in /usr/bin/sac/lib/sacio.a, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
Undefined symbols:
  "_getfhv_", referenced from:
      _MAIN__ in cc7sScyY.o
      _MAIN__ in cc7sScyY.o
      _MAIN__ in cc7sScyY.o
      _MAIN__ in cc7sScyY.o
      _MAIN__ in cc7sScyY.o
      _MAIN__ in cc7sScyY.o
  "_rsac1_", referenced from:
      _MAIN__ in cc7sScyY.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
In all other aspects, sac seems to be working fine on my new computer.  Do any of you have insights into how I might address this problem?
Thank you,
Aubreya Adams