[SAC-HELP] Difference in 101.3b vs 101.4 with gcp rotation

Andrew Schaeffer aj.schaeffer at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 07:19:25 PDT 2011

Hello,

I am trying to resolve a difference between the SAC versions 101.3b and
101.4.

*In 101.3b*:
I am performing "rotate to gcp" on a north and east component seismogram,
and writing out the radial and transverse components:
r s1.dn s1.de
rotate to gcp
  ->If I list the header (lh) at this point, the KCMPNM header value is now
empty (ie doesn't show up).
write s1.dr s1.dt
quit

If I start sac again, and read in the dr and dt components, they now have
the KCMPNM header value, with "Q" for both components.

If I repeat the same procedure in 101.4, the KCMPNM header value remains
empty, even after writing the seismograms and reloading them.
Can anyone confirm whether this is the expected behaviour (ie the difference
between the two versions), or what their version is doing?

many thanks,
Andrew