[SAC-HELP] flat-earth angles, distances, and src/rec locations

Carl Tape carltape at gi.alaska.edu
Fri Jul 8 14:24:32 PDT 2011

Dear sac-help:

I am wanting to compare synthetic seismograms computed using a
flat-earth model using two different techniques. It seems like it
would be easiest to "turn off" the sphericity/ellipticity of the
Earth, and then input the source and station locations in, say, km.
And then the azimuth and back-azimuth angles would differ by exactly
180 degrees. I do not see a sac header that might do this -- is there
a simple solution? Alternatively, it seems I could set LCALDA = false,
and then manually enter at least some information, but it would be
safer to have sac to the computations based on input source and
station locations.

Thanks,
Carl

Carl Tape