[SAC-HELP] units of EVDP in SAC

Arthur Snoke snoke at vt.edu
Wed Jul 20 04:05:23 PDT 2011

Comments on the two responses I got so far:

1) Because traveltime did not work in SAC/IRIS, in the Help file for
sss/traveltime
<http://www.iris.edu/software/sac/commands/sss.com/traveltime.html> we
recommend using taup_setsac.  As with RDSEED, the default is meters for
EVDP.

2) I thought about some variant of George's macsac 1000 switch between
meters and kilometers, but not having worked with very shallow events (of
any kind) I was not sure where the threshold should be set. A 0 value is
no problem, but does one use focal depths of 0.5 km?  Patly because of my
testing with traveltime, I am planning to changed the EVDP for fg/seismo
to 15 km.