[SAC-HELP] ask: transfer function

jenni wang u2injesus at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 00:32:42 PDT 2011

All sac users:

I am a beginner here, so I would like to ask some questions, I hope some
advanced user of sac can help me with my doubts about transfer command.
1. I have a seismogram waveform which is velocity record from velocity
transducer. I have the response instrument read with rdseed and the RESP.*
is the velocity response, but the pole zero is displacement response. My
question: When I apply trans from polezero ..., using that polezero obtained
from rdseed, do I get the velocity ground motion (m/s or nm/s, etc. ) or do
I get displacement ground motion?

2. After the deconvolution with the transfer command, can I do the
convolution to apply another instrument response of the instrument types
that are not in the list in sac reference manual? If yes, how can I do it?
If not, would anyone please tell me the source where I can get the frequency
response and polezero of the instrument types in the sac manual since I am
trying to compare  records that could be obtained from different instruments
with different response.

Thanks,
J.