[SAC-HELP] Problem using the transfer function

Arthur Snoke snoke at vt.edu
Fri Mar 18 06:33:25 PDT 2011

One thing to check is line endings, which differ depending on the OS.
What is the operating system for the computer with a problem?  Is it the
same as on the computers that work?  You can test for the type of line
endings by doing something like

od -ta JCC.bhz.pz | less

0000000    Z   E   R   O   S  sp   3  nl   P   O   L   E   S  sp   5  nl
0000020    -   0   .   0   3   7   0  sp  sp   0   .   0   3   7   0  nl

If you get anything other than "nl" at the end of each line, that may be
the problem.

Not related to your problem, but I suggest you add something like

FREQ 0.004 0.007 0.2 0.4

to your command.  See the discussion in

http://www.iris.edu/software/sac/commands/transfer.html