[SAC-HELP] how to use sac function synchronize effectively

Januka Attanayake jattanayake at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 21 13:46:16 PDT 2011

If you want to recover the  zero padded "whole" trace you could use the OMARKER header. It's the length of time missing from the sac trace that you download from IRIS. For example, you might be able to use something like the following macro -- adds zeros from the origin time to the starting point of your trace using cuterr fillz. I am guessing this will automatically adjust your start time but please double check and modify as needed.

DO FILE WILD *.BHZ.R.SAC*
  READ $FILE
  SETBB OMKR &1,OMARKER
  GETBB OMKR

  xlim T0 -10 10
  CUT ON
  CUTERR FILLZ
  CUT b %OMKR e
  READ $FILE
  WRITE OVER
ENDDO
CUT OFF

_______________Serenity isn't freedom from the storm, but peace within the storm
  Januka Attanayake   Global Seismology & Economics
The University of Connecticut
Beach Hall - U2045
354, Mansfield Rd;
Storrs, CT 06269