[SAC-HELP] Need help for installing sac

Milton P. Plasencia Linares mplasencia at ogs.trieste.it
Thu May 26 02:14:57 PDT 2011

Hi,
OK, not forget "sourcing" your .bashrc file, so you activate
the new variables, to do:
> source ~/.bashrc.

After verify that the following variables point to where live
sac software /usr/local/sac

To do:

> echo $SACHOME
> echo $SACAUX

If all is correct you can start sac typing:

> sac

When running try:

> funcgen seismogram
> plot

If appear errors and not plot the  problem can be sac need the
x11-fonts package installed in you system.

Cheers,

Milton

**********************************
Milton P. PLASENCIA LINARES

Dipartimento Centro di Ricerche Sismologiche
Istituto Nazionale di Oceanografia e di Geofisica Sperimentale - OGS

Borgo Grotta Gigante 42/C
(34010) Sgonico - TRIESTE - ITALIA
Tel: +39-040-2140136
Fax: +39-040-327307

E-mail: mplasencia at ogs.trieste.it

ASAIN (Antarctic Seismographic Argentinean Italian Network)