[SAC-HELP] miniSEED to SAC

Rick Benson rick at iris.washington.edu
Wed Sep 7 11:46:11 PDT 2011

Hello, Shahar-

 The easiest way to get fulllSEED from miniSED is to first get a dataless SEED volume
(there are numerous network dataless volumes available online at
http://www.iris.edu/pub/RESPONSES/DATALESS_SEEDS/
and then use the program "rdseed"
http://www.iris.edu/forms/rdseed_request.htm

 The manual for rdseed is online at http://www.iris.edu/manuals/rdseed.htm
and look for the "ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES" link at the top "Jump To:" section,
where you set the ALT_RESPONSE_FILE variable that enables you to read in
miniSEED, and output fullSEED.
 Let me know if you need more help than this.
 Regards,
 Rick

On Sep 7, 2011, at 11:29 AM, Shahar Barak wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I received some raw data in miniSEED format.
> How do I go from miniSEED to SEED? I have the station's location, elevation and poles&zeros.
> I tried to search online and in the SEED documentation, but couldn't find an explanation on how to go from miniSEED to SEED or how to create a dataless SEED for that purpose.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Shahar
>
> --
> Shahar Barak
> =======================================
> Crustal Geophysics Research Group
> Department of Geophysics, Stanford University
> 397 Panama Mall, Stanford CA 94305-2215
> Mitchell Building, room 463
> Office: (650) 724 0461
> Cell: (650) 276 6169