[SAC-HELP] miniSEED to SAC

Chad Trabant chad at iris.washington.edu
Wed Sep 7 12:00:55 PDT 2011

Hello Shahar,

Another option would be to use the mseed2sac converter, the source code is available here:

http://www.iris.edu/pub/programs/converters/

mseed2sac will take a simple ASCII text file that contains the lat, lon, elev and other simple metadata for the time series and insert those values into the SAC headers during conversion.  This format of the text file is documented in the man page included with the source code.  There is also an option to insert values into the SAC event headers during conversion if you want that information included.

regards,
Chad