[SAC-HELP] Floating Point Exception

Arthur Snoke snoke at vt.edu
Tue Mar 13 13:21:16 PDT 2012

I do not work on Linux and we do not have any SuSE machines readily
accessible, so I can only make suggestions.

The simplest thing for you would probably be to get the source
distribution and build it on your system.

You say you used a previous 32-bit binary on the same machine.  There is a
32-bit binary of SAC v101.5c you might try.  (I am not sure how this can
work with mixing libraries, but I am told that in principle a 32-bit
binary can run on a 64-bit machine.)

My impression is that there is enough variation among the different flavors
of Linux that it is amazing that our pre-built binaries run on as many
platforms as they do.  In the original v101.5 the 64-bit binary did not
work on older systems because of library issues.  Your is the first report
of a problem with v101.5c.  If anyone else has a machine running 64-bit
SuSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10.3 and has not had the problem you report,
it would be useful if they could contact the list.