[webservices] distaz output units

Philip Crotwell crotwell at seis.sc.edu
Wed Dec 7 06:35:16 PST 2011

Hi

Pretty sure they are degrees as the distance from (0,0) to (0,90) is
90, but it would be nice if that was specified in the docs.

It would also be nice to document whether it uses an ellipticity
correction. Chad said in an email that the answer was yes, but that
information is not on the web page.

Is there any reason that the calculation source code is not publicly
available? Seems like the DMC should open source this type of thing.
Just fyi, I have put distaz routines in several languages, with
ellipticty, here if you are interested in calculating locally and
being able to see exactly what is happening.

http://www.seis.sc.edu/software/distaz/

Philip