[webservices] missing responses for station SSE network IC

Bruce Weertman bruce at iris.washington.edu
Tue Jul 12 15:31:56 PDT 2011

Douglas:

First off, as indicated (poorly I'm sure) at the bottom of the webpage:

http://www.iris.edu/ws/resp

If no time option is given, the current time is used. There for, for
these channels, that closed out a while back,
no response information is going to be returned (404) if you do not
specify a time.

An easy way to get around this is to cast a wide time range.
Here's a couple queries that get at all of the information that you're
trying to get at

http://www.iris.edu/ws/resp/query?net=IC&sta=SSE&loc=*&cha=SH?
&start=1990-001T00:00:00&end=2011-365T00:00:00
http://www.iris.edu/ws/resp/query?net=IC&sta=SSE&loc=*&cha=HH?
&start=1990-001T00:00:00&end=2011-365T00:00:00

Looking at these, and MDA, I can see that there's some sort of epoch
problem with the meta data that we're holding.

MDA indicates two epochs (time spans):

http://www.iris.edu/mda/IC/SSE/--/SHE

1996/09/19 - 1997/01/08
1997/01/08 - 1999/07/08

HOWEVER, only one of these (1996/09/19 - 1997/01/08) seems to be
working.

Looking deeper, at our database...

    I see at the channel level (the "channel" table)
    the two epochs shown above (I assume that's where MDA is looking),

but..

    at the chanresp level (the "chanresp" table), only the first epoch
is there.

This would indicate a problem with the metadata since the two table
should normally match epoch wise.

So, in summary, I think you found a hole!

Sorry about that. I'm not sure who or what needs to address this - I
don't deal this myself.

There are several people out of the office this week, so it will
probably be next week at
best before we can get a solid answer to your problem.

Cheers,

-Bruce

Bruce R Weertman
Software Engineer