[webservices] ws_station network identifier

Chad Trabant chad at iris.washington.edu
Tue Jun 14 17:45:36 PDT 2011

Got it. The network start/end dates don't change often but on occasion they do.  I think the most common case is when a temporary network code is extended to match an extended experiment time window.  The only other useful identifier that I can think of is the network description contained in the <Description> tags, although that is subject to change as well but also doesn't change often.  Perhaps by checking the description you can figure out when it's the same network versus something new more often than not.

Chad