[webservices] New ws-station revision released

Chad Trabant chad at iris.washington.edu
Wed Jun 22 18:18:07 PDT 2011

Hi John,

Our network listing includes all registered FDSN network regardless whether we have SEED metadata or waveform data from those networks.  Yes, zero stations means there are no data holdings for those networks.  Similar network overview information is available from the MDA network listing: http://www.iris.edu/mda

Regarding your second question, we think this is expected behavior.  Without stations and channels there is nothing to compare to the updated after date since we do not track updates to the simple network overview information (description, start & end year), even if we did it wouldn't be very meaningful in my opinion.  Since nothing was updated nothing is returned for those networks.  It's an interesting way to filter them out.

Chad