[webservices] EVALRESP webservice released

Bruce Weertman bruce at iris.washington.edu
Mon Sep 12 15:18:53 PDT 2011

Hello Webservice users,

The DMC is pleased to announce the release of the ws-evalresp
webservice.

  http://www.iris.edu/ws/evalresp

The ws-evalresp service evaluates channel response metadata held in
the IRIS-DMC's database
and can return amplitude-phase Bode plots as well as ASCII text files.

This webservice should be useful to users who wish to visualize
instrument response and to those who
wish to obtain evaluated instrument response in the frequency domain.

As with most of our other webservices, ws-evalresp accepts simple HTTP
GET query parameters.

----------------------
Example Usage
----------------------

Bode plot output:

  http://www.iris.edu/ws/evalresp/query?net=IU&sta=ANMO&loc=00&cha=BHZ&time=2010-01-01T00:00:00&output=plot

ASCII (frequency, amplitude, phase) output:

  http://www.iris.edu/ws/evalresp/query?net=IU&sta=ANMO&loc=00&cha=BHZ&time=2010-01-01T00:00:00&output=fap

ASCII (frequency, real, imaginary) output:

  http://www.iris.edu/ws/evalresp/query?net=IU&sta=ANMO&loc=00&cha=BHZ&time=2010-01-01T00:00:00&output=cs

---------------------
Documentation
---------------------

A detailed description of the webservice can be found by visiting

  http://www.iris.edu/ws/doc/evalresp_help.htm

As with other IRIS webservices, we provide a URL "Builder" webpage
form intended to facilitate the understanding calling conventions:

  http://www.iris.edu/ws/builder/evalresp/

These two links are are available on ws-evalresp main page which also
contains detailed parameter usage.

  http://www.iris.edu/ws/evalresp

Regards,

IRIS Web Services Team.