[webservices] BETA release of updated ws-event service, update scheduled for February 6th

Chad Trabant chad at iris.washington.edu
Fri Feb 3 10:24:53 PST 2012

Hello WS users,

Based on initial feedback for the ws-event beta release we have modified how the Flinn-Engdahl region and code are returned in the QuakeML.  A new version of the beta service is available.

The most important aspect is that the results will now be backwards compatible for almost all users.  Also the existing release of the DMC's FetchEvent script will continue to parse the results correctly, i.e. no new version needed.

The new notation for F-E region code and name will be returned as follows:

<description iris:FEcode="153">
  <type>Flinn-Engdahl region</type>
  <text>SOUTH SANDWICH ISLANDS REGION</text>
</description>

regards,
Web services team