[webservices] too strong ws caching of near real-time time-series data?

Anthony Lomax alomax at free.fr
Tue Feb 28 00:48:07 PST 2012

Hello all,

I am using ws-timeseries to plot trace data in a time window from 5 min
before to 20 min after picks made in the Early-est real-time system
(http://early-est.alomax.net)

If I run ws-timeseries for a channel right after it is picked, then I
get a plot from 5 min before the pick to some small interval T1 after
the pick.  If I then wait some time and re-run ws-timeseries for the
channel, I would expect to get data from 5 min before the pick until
some interval T2>T1 after the pick.  Instead, the plot always ends at
interval T1 after the pick.  The plotted time window remains the same
even if I add filtering to the ws-timeseries request or if I try the
same ws-timeseries request in a different browser, so this behavior
seems to originate on the server side.
(you can reproduce this behavior this at
http://early-est.alomax.net/warning_list.html, ws-timeseries is invoked
by the "BRB" and "HF" links in the "stream" column).

Any suggestions on how to disable this apparent caching?

Or is this something that is inherent in the web-services back-end?
Perhaps behind the scenes ws-timeseries is caching the data window found
for my first request, and using this data window for all later requests
for the same channel, without recognizing that more of the requested
data has become available.  If so, for real-time work it would be useful
that new data is returned as it becomes available.

Thanks,

Best regards,

Anthony

--

Sent from my iClayTablet

*Anthony Lomax*

*161 Allée du Micocoulier, 06370 Mouans-Sartoux, France*

*tel: +33 (0)4 93 75 25 02     e-mail:****alomax at free.fr*
<mailto:alomax at free.fr>***web:****http://www.alomax.net*
<http://www.alomax.net/>**

*ALomax Scientific****http://www.alomax.net/alss***