[webservices] Interactive web tool to view trace data using ws-timeseries

Anthony Lomax alomax at free.fr
Tue Mar 6 06:35:10 PST 2012

Hello all,

As an experiment in interactive viewing of seismograms on web-enabled,
mobile devices, I have developed a simple tool, SeisGramWeb, to view
trace data using ws-timeseries.  SeisGramWeb uses only simple and basic
HTML and Javascript, relying on ws-timeseries for the heavy  work of
trace processing and plotting, and the layout of SeisGramWeb is designed
for both large and small screens.
(Note also that at the current time, Java is not available on devices
such as iPhone, iPod and iPad...)

SeisGramWeb can be launched from the Early-est, Event/Pick List page at
http://early-est.alomax.net/warning_list.html (invoked by the "BRB" and
"HF" links in the "stream" column).  This is part of the INGV, Early-est
real-time system (http://early-est.alomax.net).

Here is a direct link to a sample trace:
http://alomax.free.fr/webtools/sgweb.html?http://www.iris.edu/ws/timeseries/query?net=GT&sta=CPUP&loc=00&cha=BHZ&start=2012-03-05T07:45:35&dur=257

I would be interested in any feedback about how this approach works on
different devices, or any other comments about this tool or working with
mobile devices.

Thanks very much,

Anthony

PS - In continuing my work with the timeseries ws, I found that changing
the starttime prevents using the cached data.

--
Sent from my iClayTablet

*Anthony Lomax*
    161 Allée du Micocoulier, 06370 Mouans-Sartoux, France
    tel: +33 (0)4 93 75 25 02      e-mail: anthony at alomax.net
<mailto:anthony at alomax.net>      web: http://www.alomax.net
<http://www.alomax.net/>

    Science & Special Topics http://www.alomax.net/science