[webservices] station metadata text output problem

Kevin Frechette k.frechetteisti at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 09:59:28 PDT 2012

Hello all,

I am looking at using the IRIS Station Web Service as a replacement for DHI. For station metadata I tried the StationXML output but the performance was very slow when many channels are required. The text output has excellent performance and it general works very well. However I noticed a problem with the station level text output for network IC station QIZ.

http://www.iris.edu/ws/station/query?&output=text&level=sta&net=IC&starttime=2012-09-20T16:25:40.814

The information for network IC station QIZ is on two lines instead of one:

IC|QIZ|19.0291|109.8445|240.0|Qiongzhong, Hainan Province, China
|2010-10-19T00:00:00|2599-12-31T23:59:59

Cheers,
Kevin