[webservices] All DMC web services effected by maintenance starting on Thursday September 20th

Chad Trabant chad at iris.washington.edu
Thu Sep 20 15:13:54 PDT 2012

Hello web service users,

At the DMC we are again attempting to migrating our main Oracle database to new hardware.

Starting at 4pm Pacific time (23:00 UTC) today our database will be put into read-only mode.  After which the services will function as expected except that station metadata updates and event updates will not be occurring.  When the database is put into read-only mode the service may experience a short interruption, we expect this to last no longer than a minute or two.

Tomorrow morning, Friday September 21st, the database will be shut down and the services will be unavailable.  We expect that the service will be down for some number of hours and operational again by the afternoon.  A notification will be sent when the services are going offline and when they are back in operation.

Please plan your requests accordingly and thank you for your patience.

IRIS DMC