[webservices] fdsnws-event service - New Release

Philip Crotwell crotwell at seis.sc.edu
Tue Sep 17 14:43:07 PDT 2013

Hi

So, with these changes and if I am reading the docs correctly, if I specify
magType, there is no way to get all magnitudes because includeallmagnitudes
only includes all the magnitudes that also match the magtype? Meaning if I
query "magtype=MB&includeallmagnitudes=true" then I might get 5 magnitudes,
but they will all be of type MB?

Am I misunderstanding the docs, because this doesn't seem to match what you
proposed a few weeks ago. I think there is definite value in being able to
get ALL magnitudes when searching on a particular type. Being able to get
all magnitudes of a given type actually seems less useful to me. In most
cases I am quit happy to get the "best" magnitude of a given type, but
there are cases where I want to see the best Mb and the Mw and ML for the
events I am interested in.

Can you clarify?
Philip