[webservices] Issues in timeseries application.wadl?

Chad Trabant chad at iris.washington.edu
Mon Apr 21 22:56:07 PDT 2014

Hi Andy,

To fill in some gaps there, we have an internal data processing system that uses R and a library/module has been developed to fetch data from our web service interfaces.  We’ve discussed the possibility of releasing it but have not come to any conclusion yet.  I imagine it might best work as a collaborative development/maintenance, where we release what we’ve got and let the community of R users build on it.  I’m curious how many R users would use a web service access library?

If you do end up creating web service access code for R you might consider releasing it in SeisCode (https://seiscode.iris.washington.edu/) or having a bookmark in SeisCode to help folks find your work.

regards,
Chad