[webservices] Location ID change for the DMC's fdsnws-station service in December [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Matthew.Hoyles at ga.gov.au Matthew.Hoyles at ga.gov.au
Sun Nov 16 16:52:39 PST 2014

Hello Chad,

Will this change affect the location query parameter when forming queries to the fdsnws-station service?

At the moment we would use, for example,

.../query?net=TW&sta=YULB&loc=--&...

following the instructions in the documentation 'Use -- for "Blank" location IDs (ID's containing 2 spaces).'

If blank location ids no longer contain 2 spaces, does this change?

Cheers,
Matthew

Matthew Hoyles
Senior Software Developer  |  Software Development and Support
ICT Innovation and Services  |  GEOSCIENCE AUSTRALIA
Phone:  +61 2 6249 9890    Fax:  +61 2 6249 9999
Email:  Matthew.Hoyles at ga.gov.au    Web:  www.ga.gov.au<http://www.ga.gov.au/>
Cnr Jerrabomberra Avenue and Hindmarsh Drive Symonston ACT
GPO Box 378 Canberra ACT 2601 Australia