[iris-bulk] Invitation to IASPEI Scattering and Heterogeneity

Haruo SATO sato at zisin.geophys.tohoku.ac.jp
Thu Feb 22 00:45:40 PST 2007

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to draw your attention to “IASPEI Scattering and
Heterogeneity” in IUGG 2007.

IUGG XXIV 2007 will be held in Perugia, Italy for July 2-13, 2007.
You are cordially invited to attend a symposium on "SS001:
Seismological Observations and Interpretation". Please visit the page
of this symposium,
<http://www.iugg2007perugia.it/abstracttype.asp#AssDiv_S>http://www.iugg2007perugia.it/abstracttype.asp#AssDiv_S .
The electric submission deadline of abstracts (Feb. 28, 2007) is
rapidly approaching. This is a friendly reminder for abstract submission.

The IASPEI symposium ""SS001: Seismological Observation and
Interpretation" covers a broad area of seismology. This symposium is
the only one occasion for people who are working on scattering and
heterogeneity to get together. Subject # 5 focuses on the following
subjects: advances in wave propagation in heterogeneous media,
including synthetic seismograms and waveform modeling in realistic
Earth structures, theory and observations of scattering, attenuation
and anisotropy, coda wave analysis, Green function retrieval from
cross correlation analysis of scattered waves and microseisms,
temporal change in medium heterogeneity, and so on. We hope many
papers related to these subjects will be submitted to this symposium.
If we have a sufficient number of abstracts, we are able to have a
special session on scattering subjects and furthermore to edit a
special issue as the proceedings.

We are looking forward to seeing you in Perugia, Italy.

Best regards,

Haruo SATO

Task Group on Scattering and Heterogeneity of IASPEI
Co-convener of the symposium on Seismic Observations and Interpretation

Dept. of Geophysics, Graduate School of Science, Tohoku University
E-mail: sato at zisin.geophys.tohoku.ac.jp