[iris-bulk] (Job) Seismologist, Impact Forecasting

IRIS irismail at iris.washington.edu
Wed Jan 31 11:07:08 PST 2007

Seismologist
Impact Forecasting, L.L.C.
Chicago, Illinois

NEWLY CREATED OPPPORTUNITY

Impact Forecasting is a wholly owned subsidiary of Aon Corporation, a
leading provider of risk management services, insurance and
reinsurance brokerage, human capital and management consulting, and
specialty insurance underwriting. We work closely with Aon Re, the
reinsurance brokerage branch of Aon. Our clients are principally
insurance companies interested in understanding their exposure
(through the property insurance they write) to natural catastrophes.
Impact Forecasting develops and provides catastrophe modeling
software and risk assessment services in order to meet this need.

Description / Duties
We are seeking a physical scientist with a background in geotechnical
or earth sciences, with particular emphasis in seismology or geology.
Masters of Science degree is the minimum educational requirement.
Must have strong mathematical skills and knowledge of numerical
analysis using various software packages such as MATLAB;
understanding of statistics very helpful. Excellent verbal and
written communication skills are a must. The individual we seek will
support our senior technical staff in the various areas of model
development. Focus areas include: geographical and seismic
characterization of earthquake sources, estimation of ground motion
from these sources within a probabilistic framework and taking into
account soil amplification effects, treatment of knowledge-
variability parameters within the model, model validation and
sensitivity analyses, and development and implementation of
collateral hazard models such as landslide and liquefaction.

In return for your expertise, Aon offers you competitive compensation
and benefits to include tuition assistance, 401(k), Pension, growth
opportunities, and most importantly a lively and rewarding work
environment!

Please visit our website to learn more about our organization:
www.aon.com

Interested applicants should contact:
Mary Williamson
HR Director-Recruitment