[SAC-HELP] remove instrument response with evalresp

Yannik Behr yannik.behr at vuw.ac.nz
Wed Jan 23 02:40:26 PST 2008

When trying to remove the instrument response using evalresp
(sac-command: transfer from evalresp fname RESP.AU.ARMA..BHZ to vel
freqlimits 0.005882 0.006250 0.250000 0.333333) we get the following error:

EVRESP ERROR (ARMA.AU..BHZ [File: ./RESP.AU.ARMA..BHZ; Start date:
2006,340,00:00:00.0000; Stage: 5]):
        parse_coeff; Unsupported filter type, IIR and Analog filters
        should be represented as blockette [53] filters,
        skipping to next response now
No transfer function applied!
 ERROR 2118: No transfer function applied.

We found a work-around in the sac-mailing list
(http://www.iris.washington.edu/pipermail/sac-help/2006-October/000160.html)
but we neither understood the problem nor did we find a satisfying
solution. Did anyone else encounter that problem? We'd be grateful for
any support in this matter.

Thanks!
Yannik

P.S. the RESP-file which causes the problems is attached