[SAC-HELP] HELP!

Brian Savage savage at uri.edu
Tue Jun 22 08:45:02 PDT 2010

Dear Megan

If you could either send me the sac file so I can examine it or run
the following command

% od -d -j 304 filename.sac | head -1
It should output something like this:
0000460     6     0 53191 65535 53191 65535   100     0

The first number you can ignore, but the second number is the version
number, it should be 6 or less.

od is "octal dump", -d indicates a decimal output, and -j is a jump to
a number of bytes in the file. In this case 304 bytes (4 * 76).

Thanks
Brian Savage
savage at uri.edu