[SAC-HELP] glibc detected (when trying to get polezeros using rdseed)

Arthur Snoke snoke at vt.edu
Wed Dec 21 19:44:41 PST 2011

I have trouble following your discussion, but there are problems both with
RDSEED v5.1 and with running the compiled SAC v 101.5 on Linux (64 and
maybe 32 bit).

You say you are using the pre-release version of SAC 101.5.  Bugs were
fixed between then and the "real" release.

I do not work with Linux, but my impression is that Linux, unlike Sun and
Mac, keep only the libraries for the current release.  Hence, on Mac, a
binary built on 10.6 will run on 10.7 (or a 10.4 build will run on 10.5)
and on Sun a build on 2.8 will (probably) run on 2.9 or 2.10 because Mac
and Sun keep the old libraries.  If a Linux binary does not work on your
machine, try building it from sources.

There are problems with RDSEED v5.1 with polezero files (see the TRANSFER
help file for the final SAC v101.5 release).  On some systems the END time
is something like 1991, so it will not find your files.  I got around that
by manually changing the END times.  (One can concatinate all the pz files
and do a global change or you can use sed.)  There are also occasionally
exceptions that bomb RDSEED in v5.1.  v5.2 is about to come out or you can
use v5.0 if these fixes do not help.