[SAC-HELP] glibc detected (when trying to get polezeros using rdseed)

Arthur Snoke snoke at vt.edu
Thu Dec 22 12:26:42 PST 2011

Carl,  a couple of comments/questions.

First, after sending my message last night I realized it was incomplete:
In my experience, on all platforms one often finds that a build on a
release may not work on earlier releases if dynamical libraries are
involved.  What may be different about Linux is that it may work only on
the same release it was built on.  The earlier reported problem on SAC on
Linux 64 may have been because the build was on a later version.

Next, did you do your test with the built-from-sources RDSEED v5.1 build?

I got similar warnings to the ones you got when I built v5.2 beta on my
Mac OS 10.6.  Interestingly, no warnings when I built it on OS 10.4 Intel.
Those warnings do not seem to matter.

RDSEED v5.1 has several new features -- especially dealing with polezero
files.  As is often the case, new features may lead to new bugs.  Working
with them on getting compatibility between RDSEED and SAC led to a few of
the changes between the pre-release and final versions of SAC v101.5.
Aside from the polezero stuff, the main changes I can recall off hand fro
a SAC point of view is that now the default EVDP is kilometers and
CONSTANT is no longer defined.

I suggest you make your SEED volume available to Rob/IRIS as Rob wants to
check to see if this might be a new bug.  As they can be large, I suggest
you put it on a Web site and tell Rob/Chris where it is.  Otherwise, Rob
can probably write you (off list) instructions about how you can
upload it to an IRIS server.  (Chris is the one who had been working on
RDSEED, but I think he is on vacation right now, so write both.)

Arthur

p.s.  What is the day for you with the earliest sunset?  For us it is
around December 6.  We have already gained four minutes.  The latest
sunrise will be around January 6.  However, by local time it was the last
day of Daylight Savings time.