[SAC-HELP] Mac OS X Install

James Sokolowski JSokolowski at rice.edu
Fri Jul 15 14:38:53 PDT 2011

Folks,

I've placed my "sac" folder in /Applications and am trying to modify my X11 bash shell to enable running SAC.

First: There is no ~/.bashrc file on my system, so I vi'd it, added the lines, and wrote it to that location.  When I type:

" source ~/.bashrc "

I get a bunch of:

" bash: setenv: command not found "

errors.  Since my ~/.bashrc file only has the two lines:

export SACHOME=/Applications/sac
source ${SACHOME}/bin/sacinit.csh

I'm not sure why I'm seeing these errors.

I'm a "brand spankin' new Mac person" so don't have a great feel for the OS yet.  Also, being summer many of the students who could help me with this are gone.

Does anybody have ideas what is going wrong here and how I can fix this.

Thanx tons
Jim

James Sokolowski, PhD
Research Scientist - Earth Sciences
Rice University, Houston, Texas  77005
713-348-3331  /  JSokolowski at Rice.edu