[SAC-HELP] FIR filter part of the instrument response

Peiying Lin patty.lin at asu.edu
Tue Feb 18 17:18:11 PST 2014

Hi all,

I have two RESP files.
These two are very similar except numerator coefficients are different at 3
stages. Gain and sensitivity values are all the same.

But it seems to me that SAC does not have a way to keep track of the
digital/FIR filter part of the instrument response. Therefore, no matter
which RESP file I used, the amplitudes of  traces after removing instrument
response are still the same. but it should be 2.94 times different.

Do anyone have a clue how we can retrieve a pole-zero file which
considering gain and the numerator coefficients in all stages?

Thank you.

Cheers,
Patty

--