[webservices] Station web service: to Network, or not to Network?

Chad Trabant chad at iris.washington.edu
Mon Nov 14 08:25:21 PST 2011

Hi Philip,

> Hi Chad
>
> I think this is what you are saying, but just want to make sure. Do
> you mean "All <Station> entries will be contained in a <Network>
> element

Yes.

> and there will be no duplicate <Network> elements"?

Not necessarily.  The upcoming beta release will not guarantee that all of the stations for a single network fall within a single <Network> element.  This is only known to happen if you request duplicate networks, e.g. "network=_GSN,II" (the _GSN virtual network includes the II network).  We are considering how to make sure there are not duplicate <Network> elements for future releases.

Chad