[webservices] stationXML and responses

Philip Crotwell crotwell at seis.sc.edu
Fri Oct 21 07:21:06 PDT 2011

Hi

I realized I was incorrect about the 27 PolesZeros elements.

> to specify the schema. The schema also doesn't limit the number, so it
> would be completely valid to put 27 <PolesZeros> elements inside a
> <Response>, which also seems wrong, at least by seed conventions.
> Perhaps the choice should have a minOccurs=1 maxOccurs=1 on it???

You cannot have 27 PolesZeros elements, but you can have an unbounded
number of FIR elements. I presume that if there are multiple FIR
filters, then each should be contained in a separate Response element,
and hence the maxOccurs should not be here.
<xs:element name="FIR" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"
type="StaXml:FIRType"/>

thanks,
Philip