[webservices] Ambiguity in description of ws/availability

Joachim Saul saul at gfz-potsdam.de
Fri Oct 5 14:48:00 PDT 2012

Hi Chad,

Chad Trabant [05.10.2012 23:16]:
> Thanks, I've changed the query usage part to "bulkdataselect" so it is consistent through documentation.

That was quick, thanks!

> As you say this might cause problems, but only if there is more than one implementation.  Are you planning on implementing this interface?

It exists already: an IRIS-compatible WS implementation for SeisComP. We currently use (and thereby test) it internally (with ObsPy on the client side) and that's how I came to notice this issue in the specification. Whether or not there will be a public GEOFON WS using the IRIS interface is a different issue and not yet decided.

>  Our long term plans are to include data availability into an FDSN version of the station metadata service (current under development), when this is new service is established it will be a superset of the functionality provided by the current ws-station and ws-availablity.

OIC. We will certainly follow these developments with interest.

Cheers,
Joachim