[webservices] restricted data

Chad Trabant chad at iris.washington.edu
Thu Oct 18 15:00:34 PDT 2012

Hi Philip,

> In the mean time, you can access restricted data with DHI. It would
> not be much of an effort to put a thin web services wrapper around the
> existing DHI seismogram server and to allow this now.

My guess is we have different ideas of how much effort it would take.  Also, since DHI will be retired after Jun 30th next year it would be temporary at best.

> Revamping restricted data access password sounds like a good idea. Old
> system was always a bit weird.

Yeah, we think so too.  When the old system was started decades ago it was a pretty good fit for the problem, moving into DHI and then web services it's less convenient.

Chad