[SAC-HELP] Transfer Function Error 2118

Cory Reed caryrd at mst.edu
Mon Nov 18 08:44:35 PST 2013

I am attempting to remove the instrument response for various stations
using the following command lines, similar to the SAC tutorials:

SETBB RES "RESP.IU.CCMxxx.BHE"
READ [input .sac file]
RTR
TAPER
TRANSFER FROM EVALRESP FNAME %res TO NONE FREQLIM 0.004 0.007 0.2 0.4

When I call the transfer function, I receive the following:
   WARNING: no response found for NET=IU, STA=CCM, LOCID=*, CHAN=Q, ...
and a final error message (#2118) which states that no transfer function
has been applied.

My first thought was that the channel was wrong (I am working with BHE,
BHN, and BHZ channels, not 'Q', though that may be solely due to my
misconception of the variable).  I am using SAC version 101.2, and the RESP
files were obtained using the following command:
   rdseed -f dataless*CCM* -R -d
on a dataless metadata volume I obtained using a BREQ_FAST request.

Despite all of my efforts to find a solution, I am unable to bypass this
issue.  Please offer whatever advice you are able to.

--
Best Regards,

Cory Reed
PhD Candidate
Geology & Geophysics Program
Department of Geological Sciences & Engineering
Missouri University of Science & Technology
129 McNutt Hall, Rolla, Missouri 65409
E-mail: caryrd at mst.edu